Thailand Agriculture, key figures
- Category: Pages
A key agricultural country in Southeast Asia with a continuing 3 % annual growth rate
- 40 % of dedicated lands throughout the territory.
- A strong and positive agro-food balance.
A diversified agriculture among which
- Sugar: Sugar cane - 4th producer worldwilde
- Cassava / Manioc: 4th producer
- Palm nuts: 4th producer
- Fruits & vegetables: pineapples (1st producer), mangos (3rd), bananas
Some of the main livestock productions
- Dairy cattle
- Aquaculture and fish
Strong needs in farm inputs and mechanization
- A continuing agriculture modernization to increase productivity and fit the market expectations.
- A national will of making Thailand become the “kitchen of the world” through the development of its agriculture and food industry, supported by government initiatives in favour of investments and productivity.